Abrasive wheel training designed to meet the requirements of PUWER 98 and the Health and Safety Executive publication HSG 17 “Safety in the Use of Abrasive Wheels”.
• Characteristics of an Abrasive Wheel and the Types of Abrasive Wheels;
• Marking of Abrasive Wheels and the British Standard Marking System Speed;
• Hazards and precautions to be taken;
• Personal Protective Equipment (PPE);
• Storage and Handling of Abrasive Wheels;
• Inspection and Methods of Testing for Damage;
• Abrasive Wheel Machine Components;
• Dressing & Truing;
• Specific Mounting Procedures.
Supervisors and operators of abrasive wheel machines. No experience is necessary in order to join this course.